The summer always seems to fly by (too quickly in my opinion) and this year I want to make an effort to do some things that I’ve been planning to do. It’s already almost July so I better get on it! I’m a list maker – it keeps me organized at my job and in life. I can be kind of scattered in my thoughts so lists help me focus on my priorities and things that I want to do. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to do all the things I really want to do this summer, but I tried to narrow it down to the top ideas. It will be fun to check back in at the end of the summer and cross off what I did.
- Visit Coney Island. I’ve heard mixed reviews about Coney Island, but I’ve lived here over three years now and still haven’t been. This is a top item on my list – I need to go and formulate my own opinion.
- Make a pie from scratch. Pie crust has always been intimidating to me. How does the crust get so buttery and crispy? I think I’ve done enough research by now, and I made a Triple Berry Galette over the weekend which gave me some practice!
- Try Stumptown’s Nitro Cold Brew Coffee. Apparently this nitro infused cold brew is the new coffee trend. It’s fizzy and has a creamy finish. I’m intrigued. Well I’m at it I also want to try the Stumptown Cold Brew Tonic that uses cherry. More creative iced coffee drinks here.
- Go for a run over the Brooklyn Bridge. I would have to do this super early in the morning before it gets packed with tourists.
- Eat crab at the beach. Ever since I saw pictures on Instagram of Brooklyn Crab in Redhook I have been dying to do this. I’ve been looking for places on the Connecticut shore, Rhode Island and Cape Cod but can’t find any. If anyone has a recommendation please let me know!
- Try boxing! After watching a video of Gigi Hadid boxing, I’ve been wanting to try this, even though I know I would be hilariously terrible. It just seems like a new and fun way to exercise. My friend boxes during the week on the Hudson River Park so I’m hoping to go with her one week.
- Eat pie at Four and Twenty Blackbirds. Drooling. Do I need to have a reason to want to go here? I’m on a pie-high.
- Become better at photography. I already know that I take a ton of photos, but I want to focus on taking higher quality photos and really learning how to use the features on my cameras.